Saturday, November 26, 2011

Takeaways from "The Immortals of Meluha"



It's been quite sometime since I picked up a Fiction book. So on my way from HYD to KOL, when I had some time to kill, I decided to go and buy the book "The Immortals of Meluha" [purchase decision affected by my instant attraction to its appealing cover]. I finished it by the time I reached KOL and I must say, I loved the research and creativity and hidden words of wisdom and thought-provoking learnings. Sharing the prminent ones:

1. "Leaves appear green - Does it mean they possess Green color?" [Book Expln: Light falls on them, they absorb all colors of VIBGYOR spectrum except Green, which they reflect back, thus, giving them an appearance as Green]. An idea, a notion, a thought can be contrasting if looked from different perspectives.

2. Are Devas good and Asuras evil? or ist they just follow different approach of living - one guided by strict rules and the the other allowing freedom of expression. [Historic text about "evils" of Asuras has been written by Devas and allies and may be biased]. 

3. If you do Purushartha (Karma),  sometimes you may be even allowed to break the law, or may be even change the Law. You will not find anyone who questions your decision. In today's context,Karma is very much synonymous with Money - You get the point !

4. And on a lighter note, you must know how to dance to impress a girl ;)

NB: You will need to read the book to understand the context of the above points.

1 comment: